Community of Hope position descriptions are guidelines. They are not intended to identify every task that an employee will be asked to complete. They are intended as a general outline of the essential work responsibilities and qualifications of the position.
ABOUT COMMUNITY OF HOPE
Community of Hope exists to empower homeless single-parent families to cultivate hope, healing, and stability while living in a safe, supportive environment. Community of Hope began as a collaborative effort by the Church in North Portland in the spring of 2012 and has since grown to have the capacity to serve up to eight families at a time. Our program is 100% referral-based because place and stability matter. Preference is given to North Portland families.
Building on the inherent strengths of families, our staff provides holistic, trauma-informed care to empower parents to hold a job, manage finances, steer clear of addictions, develop positive relationships, grow in parenting skills, and make healthy life choices, all in the context of beautiful, messy community life. To learn more visit communityofhopepdx.org.
- Diversity- Values working in a multi-cultural, diverse environment. Celebrates and respects all cultures and people.
- Teamwork- We take a team approach to solving problems and supporting one another. This requires strong communication skills.
- Compassion- Use a trauma-informed, strength-based approach with both co-workers and clients.
- Faith Centered- Able to be open to God’s grace and to share it with others effectively. We are a Christian Organization but provide services to families from diverse backgrounds.
Hours: Part-time, on call
Compensation: $16.50 per hour
Position open until: until filled
- Coordinate resident safety, policy, and interpersonal health.
- Provide a loving environment where families are welcomed and supported in healing relationships
- Provide oversight, management and accountability for shelter residents.
- Initiate disciplinary or corrective action as necessary.
- Help resolve any conflicts
- Model and encourage good communication skills
- Possible oversight during extra classes
Qualifications and preferred characteristics:
- High school graduate
- Good verbal and written communication skills: able to communicate effectively with the families and their children, teaching and modeling these skills with them. Able to communicate effectively with the Program Director.
- Teachable: able to take instructions and learn from mistakes.
- Compatible: willing to take on the vision of the Community of Hope and implement it, adding to it with her own gifts and insights.
- Compassionate: able to see beyond the trauma-induced behaviors of the families we serve and be welcoming and encouraging no matter what.
- Strong boundaries: able to enforce the rules and hold families accountable even when it is challenging.
- Flexible: willing and able to change to meet changing circumstances of the program and the families involved.
- Confidentiality: able to talk about confidential matters with whom it is necessary and not with anyone else.
- Endurance: able to keep going when it is hard or discouraging.
- A person of faith: able to be open to God’s grace and to share it with others effectively.
- Bilingual and/or culturally specific preferred.
- Available to work flexible hours.
AllOne Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, or age. AllOne reserves the right to seek, hire and promote persons who support the goals and mission of the institution, including the right to prefer co-religionist
How to Apply
To be considered, please submit:
- A cover letter indicating how your experience and skills align with the description of this position and the essential skills required of the position,
- Your resume,
- Names, titles, and contact information for three references.
- Send all documents as attachments by email to email@example.com with the subject line that includes the job title. Consideration will begin as soon as resumes are received, and the position will remain open until filled.